West Campus, Middle School (Grades 5-8, Beginning 21-22)
The middle school years are marked with tremendous change, growth, and opportunity for students. At Jupiter Christian School, the heartbeat of our middle grades (5th - 8th) program is Micah 6:8 when the Lord defines what is good: to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk in humility. Our purpose is to help form both competent and confident students who understand the Lord's calling in their life and are ready to navigate high school and beyond.
Our middle school team is dedicated to partnering with parents to foster Micah 6:8 in every aspect of life - their intellect, their faith, their interests, and their social and emotional needs.
By building upon the foundational concepts and skills formed in our Lower School, our teachers help to deepen and widen students’ critical thinking and perspectives. With the foundation of a nurturing community, our middle school cultivates both academic readiness and leadership development.
NURTURING through COMMUNITY
Often the middle school years can be confusing, turbulent, and isolating, so for a child to understand they were made in the image of Christ, they must be in a supportive environment with teachers and staff who have a heart for and training in discipleship. Our middle school provides the following to ensure each child can reach their full God-given potential:
· Walking in Truth Bible curriculum
· Weekly chapel and GAP groups
· Daily homeroom and Bible period
· Elective offerings to strengthen and showcase the interests, gifts, and abilities of students including General Music, Band and Choir, Spanish, Art, Drama, Computers, Library and PE.
· Club Offerings: Art, Photography, Baking, Chess, Guitar, STEM and more!
EXCELLING through ACADEMIC READINESS
Students who EXCEL can investigate by forming questions, researching, critically thinking, and creatively problem-solving for themselves and with others. Academic readiness also includes a focus on building executive functioning and social-emotional skills. Our teachers are not only subject matter experts but also coaches who will challenge and, most importantly, care for the minds of their students. Our classrooms are active, engaging, and promote exploration beyond their four walls.
· Science curriculum aligned to the NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards)
· Fountas and Pinnell literacy program (5th) + 21st century ELA curriculum (myPerspectives)
· IXL Math curriculum support
· ACSI Creative Writing and Fine Arts Festival
· Specialized ESE programs: SOAR, QUEST (gifted) and Academic Support
ENGAGING through LEADERSHIP
When students are provided character education, adult and peer mentorship, a role in decision-making, and the opportunity to serve others with their God-given interests and talents, they become both competent and confident as difference makers and as leaders who impact the world for Jesus Christ.
Our current offerings for student leadership include the following:
· Community Service Club
· Student Council
· National Junior Honor Society (2021 – 2022)