Statement of Faith
In order to preserve the function and integrity of Jupiter Christian School’s foundational principals and to provide a biblical role model to the Jupiter Christian School community, it is imperative that all persons employed by JCS in any capacity agree to and abide by this Statement of Faith (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22). All employees must annually affirm their commitment to our statement of faith.
God, Jesus, the Trinity, and the Bible
• We believe that the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, was inspired by God, is inerrant and infallible, and is our only rule in matters of faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
• We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:7)
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 10:30), in His virgin birth (Matt. 1:18, 25), in His sinless life (Heb. 4:15), in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (Heb. 9:15-22), in His bodily resurrection (1 Cor. 15:1-8), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts. 1:9-11), and in His personal return (Heb. 9:27-28).
Man, His Spiritual Need, and God’s Plan for Salvation
• We believe in the creation of mankind by God (Gen. 1:27) and that mankind’s willful rebellion and sin has resulted in separation from God (Rom. 3:23; Rom. 6:23). We believe in the person and power of Satan, the enemy of God and all believers, who wages spiritual war against God, and who will ultimately spend eternity in Hell (John 10:10; Revelations 20:10).
• We believe that God graciously offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, and that this freely offered salvation is accomplished through the atoning work of Jesus Christ alone. (Eph. 2:8-9; Acts 4:12; John 14:6) Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11).
• We believe that the Holy Spirit of God indwells all those who accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and that God provides on-going wisdom and direction to us through the guidance of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19; 1 John 2:27), through the reading of the Bible, through fervent and sincere prayer whereby we both seek Him and He responds to us, and through active participation in meaningful worship and fellowship with other believers (Rom. 10:17; Heb. 4:16; Heb. 10:25)
Marriage, Gender, Sexuality, and the Sanctity of Human Life
• We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
• We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe God has commanded that sexual intimacy should not occur outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. (1 Thess. 4:3-5)
• We believe any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
• We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the principles of Jupiter Christian School.
• We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps. 139).
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Jupiter Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors is JCS’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.