Apply to JCS
- Beyond Our Walls International Program Guide
- Admissions Checklist
- Admissions Requirements
- Athletics Checklist
- When to Apply
- 2016/17 Parent Student Handbook
- Forms and Documents
- 2016/17 Academic Calendar
- 2017/18 Academic Calendar
- Tuition and Fees
Step 2 - Required Documentation
- Copy of applicants passport title page and/or birth certificate
- Copy of Bank Statement (proof of funds)
- FHSAA Registration Form -EL4
- FHSAA GA4 Form
- Consent to Random Drug Testing Form
- Florida Department of Health Forms for immunization DH680 and Physical DH3040
Step 3 - School Records
- Please submit an official copy of school records that reflect the previous four grade levels. Applicants must send both the original language transcript and an official copy of the transcript translated into English and scaled to the American grading system. 100 point system/4 point GPA scale.
- Test results from one of the following iTEP SLATE, TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., (TOEFL Jr. code for JCS is B108)
Step 4 - Letters of Recommendation
- English Teacher Recommendation
- Math Teacher Recommendation
Step 5 - Student Essay
- Students entering grades 7-12 must submit an original essay on why they want to be a student at JCS. The essay must be one page typed, double-spaced 250 words.
Step 6 - Applicant Interview
- If the student is in the United States an interview in person is required. For all other students, a Skype interview will be arranged.
- After the interview is completed, all records, forms and a summary of the interview will be submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. If a letter of acceptance is issued, full payment must be received within five business days.
- Wire Instructions: Please contact the Business Office at (561) 354-1912
Please feel free to contact the Admissions Director, Ms. Dee Devine, if you need any assistance. Her contact information is as follows:
phone: (561) 354-1936
International Student Admissions Requirements Assessment of English Language Proficiency
Testing: Applicants are required to take either the iTEP SLATE, TOEFL Junior or TOEFL and attain the minimum required score. JCS is a registered test center for both TOEFL and iTEP SLATE. When taking the TOEFL use designated institution number B108.
Transcripts: Transcripts of students from all foreign countries must be transcribed by an organization approved by JCS to offer equivalency reports to meet requirements for admission.
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education
7101 SW 102 Avenue Miami, FL 33173
Tel. (305) 273-1616
Fax. (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
Web Site: www.jsilny.org